Re: Blocking uploads of packages involved in the Python 2.5 transition

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:

> I wasn't planning to; when you received the "vips MIGRATED to testing"
> mail, you'd be able to upload again. Would you like still an
> announcement, or would that be enough for you?

That would be fine.  I hadn't initially realized that I would get one
of those, but I see the bin NMUs.  Thanks.

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> wrote:

> This is correct. You should build it for all supported python versions
> if you don't want this to happen.

Hmm.  I'm not sure how this would work without creating multiple
binary packages.  I'm not really a Python person, and the vips python
stuff relatively recently in vips's life.  I remember looking for this
information in the Python policy and not finding it.  Maybe I should
look again.  Can you name off the top of your head a package I could
look at as an example of how to do this?  That way, after the current
transition finishes, I can have my next upload be more
transition-friendly.  I'll also look again to see if there is
information about this that has either appeared since I initially did
this or that I overlooked.

--Jay