Re: Freeze exception for dpkg 1.14.18

On 26/04/08 at 10:45 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> [...]
> Frankly speaking, I don't think that you always know what you're doing.
> I would really wish that you stop your way of "Raphael Hertzog is always
> right", and starting working together with other people. Which includes
> the release team as well as other team. And care about their opinions.
> And I need to say that next to all Developers do that - that's btw the
> only way to make a release happen.
> [...]
> But don't take that as an excuse to continue breaking Debian.

I must say that I'm a bit surprised (and concerned) by the communication
between the release team and the rest of the developers.

Isn't it surprising that Luk Claes exhibits so many signs of weariness
(use of ellipses at the end of *each* of the sentences of his mail!) ?

Also, Andreas, I really think that you are shooting at the wrong target.
Raphael wasn't the one pushing for that CFLAGS/LDFLAGS change, he was
the messenger. And most of the bugs have been filed within days, and
fixed already. It's possible that some packages were broken in more
subtle ways not resulting in a build failure, but we still have 5 months
to find them.

I regret that we are seeing personal attacks so far from the release,
and I'm not sure that this is the best way to make everybody focus on