Re: Freeze exception for dpkg 1.14.18

> You should also consider that while dpkg is a key piece of our
> infrastructure, it's also maintained by very active people in the project
> itself and that we know what we are doing.

That's bullshit. You can't guarantee that you don't introduce bugs along
with whatever else you feel to be important. Not touching the package
can. Therefore, I will only accept release critical fixes and l10n
updates for dpkg, together with changes to code that is not used in
lenny (that is "Format: 3.0 .+").

The fact that you dared to ask on the #-release channel if we would
allow refactoring shows pretty much how much you understood the concept
of a freeze.

This discussion is over from the release team's point of view. If you
are unhappy with the result, feel free to escalate it to the tech-ctte
or DPL.

Hugs and kisses,
Marc
--
BOFH #370:
Virus due to computers having unsafe sex.