Re: Allow newer rggobi into etch?

Steve,

On 16 February 2007 at 17:55, Steve Langasek wrote:
| On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:17:55PM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| > Release team:
|
| > 	I just uploaded rggobi into testing-proposed-updates
| > 	with the changelog entry below.  This should hopefully make
| > 	it into etch.
|
| The package uploaded to t-p-u still includes a change to the debhelper
| compat level, which isn't appropriate during a freeze.  Of course, given

Can you explain?  If I had the diff.gz here I'd try interdiff -- but I
_literally_ didn't do anything other than (from memory)

i)  setting needed variables in debian/rules (so that cdbs can work)
ii) removing a superfluous Depends:

I built on testing so debhelper, cdbs et al can't play tricks on me either,

| that the version of the package in testing is currently *empty*, it's not
| like we can make it worse this way, so I've approved it in this case.
|
| For any other package updates in the future, though, please take care not to
| include changes of such broad scope as this.

Certainly.  But colour me confused as I do not know (yet) what I did wrong.
What did I overlook?

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison