Re: kernel packages to remove from 'testing'

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 03:28:59PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Sorry Frans, but any current use of these packages is well overdue to be
> > fixed.  Given that kernel-source-2.4.27 is RC-buggy, I'm now working through
> > getting its reverse-dependency tree removed from testing.

> > Are there still architectures using 2.4 in d-i as of beta3?  If so, why?

> Yes, i386 still includes 2.4 as an option as of beta3. It wasn't removed
> before then because I hadn't had a clear statement from anyone that we
> were ready to remove 2.4 before then. That support has been removed in
> the dailys. If the 2.4 kernel images are removed from testing then
> anyone who follows the docs for doing a 2.4 install with beta3 will have
> it fail at one point or another.

Can these docs be updated to remove the references to 2.4?  Having users
testing 2.4 installs for beta3 doesn't help us if it's not shipping with
etch, and I'd rather not wait until the next beta/rc before dropping these
RC-buggy packages from testing.

Thanks,