Re: [Fwd: [Caml-list] 3.09.3 release candidate 1]

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 02:50:19PM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:

> It looks like we'll have a new ocaml transition soon.

> Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 01:31:05PM +0200, Samuel Mimram wrote:
> >> Get prepared for a new full rebuild!

> > Can you post this to debian-release, i am banned from it, and i think it is
> > impportant they know about this new development. I will inform Steve Langasek
> > on irc.

Have discussed this a bit with Sven on IRC already.  The two main
considerations are: 1) please wait for the python 2.4 transition to complete
first, 2) please try to check whether this new upstream version includes any
regressions in the set of architectures supported for native compiling.  The
latter has happened before in the past, and it would be unpleasant to have
to deal with such a transition at this point in the release cycle.

Thanks,