Re: this bug is not severe! I would love to see keyjnote in etch - please unblock

On Tue, Dec 19, 2006 at 04:53:53PM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Luk Claes wrote:
> > >...<
> > I'm afraid I don't see why we should unblock a package were noone took care of
> >  the RC bug in a for release point of view new package...
> Valid reasoning - abandoned package is not a good one for a stable
> distribution! The reason is probably that Florian god overwhelmed
> with other 100 packages to maintain and keyjnote is new in Debian so it
> didn't get its daily audience yet ;-) But I think it is a very nice
> project and it has been actively developed upstream, and it is stable in
> my experience, so many etch users might enjoy it a lot.
>
> Florian, do you need any help with this package? I would love to
> co-maintain it or just pick it up from your at this point.

I'd be glad about any help. Also I'm not really overwhelmed by the
number of packages I maintain right now. My $work demands a lot of time
currently. Therefor I don't have much time for lot of Debian
involvement. This will very likely not change until the end of january.

If you're going to maintain or co-maintain this package I'll be glad to
sponsor it for you, though.

-Flo

--
BOFH excuse #375: