Re: which 2.6 kernel will be in sarge?

Steve Langasek wrote:
> I'm not aware that reiserfs has *ever* been stable.

Then it's not clear to me if stability is a criteria reiserfs users care
about[1]. Since there are apparently happy reiserfs users, why should we
take their filesystem away from them in the installer? I think we'll
take more flack for releasing sarge w/o reiserfs at this late date after
all these d-i releases that include it than we will for leaving it
enabled.

I don't understand the reasoning behind dropping a filesystem in the
installer if we leave support for it in Debian. Users who want that
filesystem will work around such an obstacle. It's not the default
filesystem either way.

--
see shy jo

[1] I use it occasionally myself..