Re: which 2.6 kernel will be in sarge?

Le mardi 08 février 2005 à 08:13 -0800, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 03:55:22PM -0500, Jay Berkenbilt wrote:

<snip>
> The plan is to release d-i RC3 with a 2.6.8 kernel.  There are currently
> no plans for a further d-i release for sarge after RC3.
>
> This means that at least the xfs and reiserfs corruption problems should be
> addressed in d-i RC3, IMHO -- if nothing else, by removing them as options
> from the installer.  This is far inferior to actually fixing the filesystem
> issues, of course, but that fix is intrusive and is unlikely to be
> backported to 2.6.8 in the requisite timeframe.

That sound a regression for me because people with a 2.4 kernel on woody
with xfs file systems would'nt be able to use the power of udev, xfs,
reiserfs ... with a 2.6 kernel

And actually if using LVM, ext3 is not extendable online (ext3online is
on good progress for the next version of e2fsprogs and available only on
fedora as I think) and for system where umounting a file system is not a
good solution xfs and reiserfs are good solution...

Regards,
--
Jean-Yves LENHOF <jean-yves@lenhof.eu.org>