Re: Release Team meeting minutes - 2005-06-18

Le dimanche 19 juin 2005 à 22:16 +0200, Josselin Mouette a écrit :
> I'd be the wrong person to criticize IRC meetings. However we're talking
> about a policy which affects hundreds of packages; that's not something
> you can discuss in private with a few selected people.

Of course you can ! That has always been how things start ... people
have ideas, discuss with friends and there we go on.

As release managers, it's fine for them to "propose goals". In any case,
the last word is in the mouth of the one who will be doing the work. But
the release team has the right to propose goals...

We have very few "fait accompli" in Debian and you can always discuss
things and explain why the goal doesn't make sense and so on.

Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
Earn money with free software: http://www.geniustrader.org