Re: Please accept sarg-2.0.7-1 in sarge

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 12:04:25AM +0200, Luigi Gangitano wrote:

> > > While generating the index file parsing directories if the month string is
> > > longer than 3 char a strncpy call in index.c generates a not null-terminated
> > > string that is subsequently passed to a strcat, resulting in a segfault.

> > And when is the month string longer than 3 chars?

> Took a while to contact the original patch submitter, sorry. Apparently
> this bug is triggered only when a non default option in configuration
> file is activated (LongUrl = yes). In such case, with some URLs (I'm
> waiting upstream to provide examples), directories get the wrong date
> string that triggers segmentation fault.

> Surely it's a corner case.

Yes, it does sound like a corner case.  It's probably still worth fixing,
but not something that I want to let a new upstream version in for.

If you're in contact with the original patch submitter, does that mean you
also have a pristine patch you could backport and upload to
testing-proposed-updates?

Thanks,
--
Steve Langasek