Re: Please accept sarg-2.0.7-1 in sarge

Il giorno mer, 04/05/2005 alle 19.04 -0700, Steve Langasek ha scritto:
> > >Can you explain the impact of this segfault?
>
> > While generating the index file parsing directories if the month string is
> > longer than 3 char a strncpy call in index.c generates a not null-terminated
> > string that is subsequently passed to a strcat, resulting in a segfault.
>
> And when is the month string longer than 3 chars?

Took a while to contact the original patch submitter, sorry. Apparently
this bug is triggered only when a non default option in configuration
file is activated (LongUrl = yes). In such case, with some URLs (I'm
waiting upstream to provide examples), directories get the wrong date
string that triggers segmentation fault.

Surely it's a corner case.

Regards,

--
 Luigi Gangitano -- <luigi@debian.org> -- <gangitano@lugroma3.org>
 GPG: 1024D/924C0C26: 12F8 9C03 89D3 DB4A 9972  C24A F19B A618 924C 0C26