Re: Packaging Hybrid R/Python Software

Andreas,

> You can check the bug page[1] and you should have received an e-mail
that the bug was created.  (As I said there is also a script
itp_from_debian_dir which fills in all the questions for you when
calling in the Git repository - but from a pedagocial point of view its
correct that you did this step at least once manually.)

Great.  That sounds like a very useful script.  I'll be sure to utilize it in the future.

> To be clear here: We have just created a Git repository with the
packaging.  From the existence of this repository *nothing* will happen.
A Debian Developer (like me) needs to upload it to the new queue and
than we need to wait for the new processing by ftpmaster.  Currently
this takes about 1-3 days.

> But if *you* want to be the maitainer of the package you need to get
a login on salsa.debian.org and become a member of the team.

I have created an account on salsa.debian.org and I requested access on the "Debian R Package Maintainers" group.  Is this what you mean by becoming a member?  I don't believe I've been granted access yet as there's still an option for me to "withdraw access request" on the main page for the group.

> Currently there is my Copyright for the packaging (autoinjected) and I'm
also changelog owner and Uploader (in d/control).  I'd prefer if you add
yourself to Uploaders if you intend to maintain this package.  You should
also insert the ITP bug number into d/changelog.  Once you have done this
I will upload the package.

I will be sure to do these tasks once I have access.

>Kind regards
>
>    Andreas.

Thanks again for all the help!  I feel like I'm learning a lot from this process!
Ben