Re: Packaging Hybrid R/Python Software

> That's strange.  I tried to reproduce this here but I get only
r-cran-lomb (which is the right one and should contain a Git repository
including the debian/ dir).

I've realized that my problems stemmed from running dh-make-R instead of prepare_missing_cran_package.  When I run the latter command, I get the desired behavior.  My apologies for not realizing this sooner.

> You can see an example what needs to be changed in a manual commit.
Feel free to add your user ID to the Uploaders field and send an
ITP for that package.

This was my first time filing an ITP.  I used the "bugreport wnpp" command and did my best to follow the prompts that were given to me to submit the ITP for r-cran-lomb.  I believe I filled in everything correctly, but to tell the truth, I'm not really sure how to tell for sure that everything is ok.  How will I know if I performed this process properly?  How long does it take for the package to be available to general users?

Also, do I need to credit you somewhere in the bug report since you initiated the repository?  Also, I did blatantly copy the long description you provided in the debian/control file for the ITP.  Is that alright?  I am willing to repeat this process for the other R packages my project depends on, but I'd also like to catch any mistakes I am making early on, rather than after I've repeated them for several packaging attempts :P

Finally, is it reasonable for the moment to also upload these packages to my ppa so I can test whether or not they provide the required dependencies for my larger project?  I'll admit, I'm a little anxious to see results, and it would please me greatly if I could at least get my software to an installable state through my ppa.

Thanks again,
Ben