Re: [UDD] unexpected changes of values in table upstream

Hi,

On Wed, 09 Mar 2016, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> In retrospective for backport, string should have been kept if possible.

Not only for backports, but for backwards compatibility in general... I
don't think that the string changes are justified in the --dehs output.

> In old code, error reporting had several irregularities which got
> cleaned up in new uscan.  This reorganization was quite extensive
> so I should have warned James when he started working on it.
>
> Now uscan reports more detailed error analysis, please allow this new
> feature update which already happened.

It's still quite wrong to have to compare textual strings. You should have
some booleans or keywords exported in the --dehs output so that we can
easily query the status without fearing further changes in the text...

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer