Re: [UDD] unexpected changes of values in table upstream

Hi James,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 06:45:32AM -0500, James McCoy wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 09:28:10AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > udd=> select status, count(*) from upstream group by status ;
> >             status            | count
> > ------------------------------+-------
> >                               |  4420
> >  newer package available      |  4409
> >  up to date                   | 12650
> >  error                        |  2716
> >  only older package available |   914
> > (5 Zeilen)
> >
> > In the Blends code I'm querying for
> >
> >  'Newer version available'
> >  'up to date'
> >  'error
> >  'Debian version newer than remote site'
> >

> The strings are what uscan emits.  UDD is just parsing the output from
> “uscan --dehs …”.

Ahh, OK.

> > I have no idea why and when (and also why without
> > warning) this was changed but I think even from the meaning the new
> > values are wrong:
> >
> >   There is no "newer *package* available" since there is no such
> >   package at upstream site.
>
> It changed when a backport of devscripts >= 2.15.10 was installed on the
> QA systems.

Thanks for the very helpful explanation.  So if I would like to restore
the old behaviour I would need to discuss the strings in a bug report
against uscan, right?  From my naive point of view the changes of the
strings is not a good idea (besides the side effect in UDD).  What do
others think?

Kind regards

      Andreas.

PS: I have changed the web sentinel to accept both strings, so from a
    Blends point of view this is should not be an issue any more.

--
http://fam-tille.de