Re: [UDD] unexpected changes of values in table upstream

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 09:28:10AM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I query for the possible values of status I get:
>
> udd=> select status, count(*) from upstream group by status ;
>             status            | count
> ------------------------------+-------
>                               |  4420
>  newer package available      |  4409
>  up to date                   | 12650
>  error                        |  2716
>  only older package available |   914
> (5 Zeilen)
>
> In the Blends code I'm querying for
>
>  'Newer version available'
>  'up to date'
>  'error
>  'Debian version newer than remote site'
>
> so these were the old values the upstream table was featuring until some
> point in time.

The strings are what uscan emits.  UDD is just parsing the output from
“uscan --dehs …”.

> I have no idea why and when (and also why without
> warning) this was changed but I think even from the meaning the new
> values are wrong:
>
>   There is no "newer *package* available" since there is no such
>   package at upstream site.

It changed when a backport of devscripts >= 2.15.10 was installed on the
QA systems.

James
GPG Key: 4096R/331BA3DB 2011-12-05 James McCoy <jamessan@debian.org>