Re: [UDD] unexpected changes of values in table upstream

Hi,

Excuse me.

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 01:38:46PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > It changed when a backport of devscripts >= 2.15.10 was installed on the
> > QA systems.
>
> Thanks for the very helpful explanation.  So if I would like to restore
> the old behavior I would need to discuss the strings in a bug report
> against uscan, right?  From my naive point of view the changes of the
> strings is not a good idea (besides the side effect in UDD).  What do
> others think?

In retrospective for backport, string should have been kept if possible.

In old code, error reporting had several irregularities which got
cleaned up in new uscan.  This reorganization was quite extensive
so I should have warned James when he started working on it.

Now uscan reports more detailed error analysis, please allow this new
feature update which already happened.

> PS: I have changed the web sentinel to accept both strings, so from a
>     Blends point of view this is should not be an issue any more.

Thanks.

Osamu