Re: moving edos.debian.net to qa.debian.org?

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:01:59PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Lucas Nussbaum said:
> > Now, that's my perception. If DSA is fine with adding another service
> > under qa.d.o, I personally don't have anything against it.
>
> I guess there are two parts to this:
>
> Does the service have resource needs that make it appropriate or
> inappropriate to run on the existing qa server?

To run the service we need:

1 the Packages files on which we run our analysis in their latest version
  (the ones that you find as dists/sid/main/binary-<ARCH>/Packages on a mirror):
    sid, testing, stable;
    all release architectures (plus possible some more, like hurd-i386)
    at least main, if possible also non-free and contrib
  it would be great if these were already available on the machine so that we
  don't have to fetch them ourselves.

2 Particular packages installed: dose-distcheck. It would be great if there
  were a way to upgrade that package if necessary (through backports?)

3 Computing power: The script would run once per day. On my desktop amd64
  machine I would estimate a total running time of 10 to 15 minutes for that.

4 Disk space (for the static web pages that hold the results): this depends
  on the number of days for which we will hold old results. A rough estimate is
  10M * number_of_days. The old edos-debcheck used number_of_day=7, which seems
  to be a reasonable compromise. Better not be too tight on disk space since
  the need might increase on a bad day when we have lots of non-installable
  packages.

> Does the service have relatively clear and responsive ownership?

Principle contact could be me, but there are two people who have already
expressed interest in helping out.

Cheers -Ralf.