Re: moving edos.debian.net to qa.debian.org?

(Cc += dsa@d.o)

On 20/02/14 at 00:14 +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 06:56:26 +0100, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:

> > > Seems reasonable to me.
> >
> > OTOH, we are not quite good at maintaining stuff under qa.d.o. Maybe it
> > would be better to setup a separate edos.d.o service?
> >
> I don't really see what difference that would make to be honest.  Care
> to elaborate?

If you ask DSA, I'm quite sure that they will tell that services under
qa.debian.org are difficult to deal with, because there are numerous
different people knowing about different sub-services, and almost no
coordination between them.

Attempts to upgrade quantz, for example, usually ends up with DSA
deciding "ok, since nobody answered, let's just do it, and we will see
what happens."

So, it might be better to have a separate service, with a known
maintainer.

Now, that's my perception. If DSA is fine with adding another service
under qa.d.o, I personally don't have anything against it.

Lucas