Re: PTS rewrite in Django

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013, Pankaj Kumar Sharma wrote:
> I have understood the "web" part of PTS. Now I want to  use the PTS
> email interface [2]. I could not figure out how to setup a similar
> interface on my local machine using the codebase of PTS.

Debian servers use exim with a configuration that supports .forward-*
and aliases files to define the various addresses available on the virtual
domain:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/qa/trunk/pts/mail/

The .forward-default is the most important one that receives almost all
incoming mails (it's the catchall address). .forward-_control is
_control@packages.qa.debian.org aka pts@qa.debian.org.
.forward-_news is _news@packages.qa.debian.org which is subscribed to
debian-(devel-)?changes@lists.debian.org

That said you don't need to setup everything like this for your own tests.
Having scripts that accept mails in stdin is enough in most cases.

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/