Re: PTS: host static files on static.d.o?

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 16:31 +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:

> How much data are we talking about (how many files, how many gigs)?

pabs@quantz:~$ find /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/www/web/ -type f | wc -l
638509
pabs@quantz:~$ du -h --summarize /srv/packages.qa.debian.org/www/web/
4.3G	/srv/packages.qa.debian.org/www/web/

> What's the expected churn per update.

I'll measure this tomorrow and get back to you.

> What's left on the current packages.qa.d.o that would not be moved?

There are some CGIs:

      * pts.cgi: used for subscription/unsubscriptions/etc
      * error404.cgi: a custom 404 handler that redirects from binary
        package names to source package names
      * soap-alpha.cgi: a SOAP interface to the PTS
      * set-csspref.cgi: obsolete IIRC

The 404 hander might be problematic unless we can distribute it and its
1.7 M plain text data file. Another possibly problematic thing is the
mod_rewrite rules that redirect from /srcpkg to /s/srcpkg.html.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise