Re: PTS: host static files on static.d.o?

On Thu, 25 Apr 2013, Paul Wise wrote:

> Most of the PTS is currently static HTML/etc files, that can change
> approximately every 6 hours, depending on changes in the archive and in
> external package checkers (lintian etc). The PTS is a fairly essential
> service for package maintainers and it would be nice to take advantage
> of it's static HTML generation to provide information to maintainers
> even when the main host is down or disconnected. Since DSA implemented
> static.d.o for the purpose of distributing static content from multiple
> hosts, I thought we might take advantage of it for the PTS.
>
> I'm not familiar with how static.d.o works, could any DSA folks comment
> on that?
>
> Do DSA folks think the data produced by the PTS is suitable for serving
> from static.d.o?

I'm positively inclined but would still like to know more before
agreeing:

How much data are we talking about (how many files, how many gigs)?
What's the expected churn per update.  You already answered update
frequency.

What's left on the current packages.qa.d.o that would not be moved?

Cheers,
weasel