Re: binary -> source mapping file from the BTS

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> > I don't care about versions, I just want the current sid/experimental
> > information. I don't care about the arch of a given package but I want to
> > see all binary packages generated on all arches.
>
> So you dont actually care about old data. We could give you an export
> per suite only containing "live", ie whats currently in the suite,
> data. Or just for "all archive", whatever.
>
> See projectb (see above) with
>
> select b.package, s.source from binaries b left join source s ON (b.source = s.id) where s.source='eglibc' limit 10;
>
> or, with bin_associations:
>
> select b.package, s.source from binaries b left join source s ON (b.source = s.id) left join bin_associations ba on (b.id=ba.bin)  where s.source='eglibc'  and ba.suite=1 limit 10;
>
> though i think the src_assoc is better (though its same in this case):
>
> select b.package, s.source from binaries b left join source s ON (b.source = s.id) left join src_associations sa on (s.id=sa.source)  where s.source='eglibc'  and sa.suite=5 limit 10;
>
> Just some quick hacks, there sure can be more done (and the sql checked
> if it really fits all)

Well, I'm not sure which query is best. I would like to avoid conflicting
information, if a binary package is not in the same source package in
stable and in unstable, then I want unstable to take precedence in the
mapping.

And given it's also used for the BTS statistics on the top right, I prefer
if the list of binary packages for a given source only matches those that
are taken into account by the BTS. How does the BTS decide which binary is
part of which source ?

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer ◈ [Flattr=20693]

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)