Re: binary -> source mapping file from the BTS

On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> the PTS needs to grab the latest
> /org/bugs.debian.org/etc/indices/sources file. Would it be possible
> to make this file available over HTTP in some stable URL (e.g. below
> http://bugs.debian.org/) ?

I can certainly make that file available (we get it from dak, and it's
already available via rsync) but if you're trying to do binary->source
mapping, that's not the file that you want. We only use that as a last
gasp effort if a proper mapping doesn't work.

Doing a proper binary->source requires knowing the (binary
package,version,arch) triple, and that file doesn't know anything
about that. [It also doesn't know anything about historical binary
versions that we may have shipped.]

This is what the code in binary_to_source does that we expose via
SOAP, and it uses the binsrc.idx bdb database file, which you can
rsync directly from the BTS
(rsync://bugs-mirror.debian.org/bts-versions/indices/binsrc.idx). [You
should also be able to directly rsync the sources file using
rsync://bugs-mirror.debian.org/bts-spool-indexes/sources .]

Don Armstrong

--
We have to face the fact that either all of us are going to die
together or we are going to learn to live together and if we are to