Re: piuparts PTS integration

Hi,

Holger Levsen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Dienstag, 17. März 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>> > Is this something that could be outsourced to Grid5000 to speed it up?
>
> Besides what Lucas pointed out (going through the logs is most of the
> work), piuparts does support several slaves (aka clients in other
> contexts), so I think adding another fast slave would speed things up
> sufficiently.

I think the real question here is: what is needed so that the results from
grid5000 can be merged in piatti?
I also plan to continue with the dash as /bin/sh RG and at some point it
would be great if all (or at least the vast majority) the packages were
tested with dash as /bin/sh and the results of both runs (bash and dash)
were compared. Lucas, do you think that could be done? Using exactly the
same set of versions of the same packages would be necessary.

> (We probably also want slaves of every release arch to really test every
> package, but IMO those slaves can+should use little ressources (by only
> testing packages not available on the master arch), so that in a distant
> future piuparts could be installed along a buildd... :-)

By the way, why are the amd64 packages being tested? i386 covers even more
(not that it is a bad idea testing archs other than the "well tested"
i386).

Thanks for working on it!

Raphael Geissert - Debian Maintainer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net