Re: piuparts PTS integration

Hi,

On Dienstag, 17. März 2009, Holger Levsen wrote:
> All true, but that requires more code. The way piuparts-master currently
> works is that the logfiles are used to keep state for the master. Thats a
> quite clever design, but requires being able to have access as master user.

That might actually explain why Lucas thinks there are so many undetected
false positives:

You can either run piuparts on all packages in the archive, by blindly testing
all packages, for example on a huge cluster. I assume thats what Lucas did
and for sure you get a lot more false positives because some depends are
buggy. (*)

Or, you use the scheduling by piuparts-master and only test packages which
have clean depends. That's how piuparts is setup on piatti.

(And thats why one currently has to be able to work as piupartsm on piatti...)

regards,
	Holger

(*) ie: http://piuparts.debian.org/squeeze/fail/cacao-oj6-jre_6b11-2.log
failed, so as cacao-oj6-jre provides "java-runtime, java2-runtime,
java5-runtime, java6-runtime" basically no java packages with such depends
will be tested.... no tests -> no false positives.