Re: piuparts PTS integration

Hi,

On Dienstag, 17. März 2009, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > Is this something that could be outsourced to Grid5000 to speed it up?

Besides what Lucas pointed out (going through the logs is most of the work),
piuparts does support several slaves (aka clients in other contexts), so I
think adding another fast slave would speed things up sufficiently.

(We probably also want slaves of every release arch to really test every
package, but IMO those slaves can+should use little ressources (by only
testing packages not available on the master arch), so that in a distant
future piuparts could be installed along a buildd... :-)

> It's not necessarily a bad idea to run the tests on piuparts.debian.org,
> even if it is slower, if there are more people to care about it :-)

Yes. Once it's more ready I plan to request access for all qa-team members to
piatti and the piupartsm account, to be able to process logfiles on the host.

(piupartsm is the master which doesnt require special priviledges.)

> Also, it might be possible to make it faster ; several tests could be
> run in parallel to improve the throughput, or tmpfs could be used
> instead of a "real" filesystem to reduce the I/O bottleneck.

That also.

regards,
	Holger