Re: piuparts PTS integration

On 17/03/09 at 21:04 +0900, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 9:00 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>
> > The problem is, a piuparts run on all packages in a distro now takes 4-6
> > weeks, and Debian changes a lot, so there are bugs to be filed constantly.
>
> Is this something that could be outsourced to Grid5000 to speed it up?

I offered to run piuparts over all packages and give access to the logs
(and we could maybe think of a way to give someone else access to the
setup). But I don't have time to process the logs, which is 95% of the
work to do.

It's not necessarily a bad idea to run the tests on piuparts.debian.org,
even if it is slower, if there are more people to care about it :-)
Also, it might be possible to make it faster ; several tests could be
run in parallel to improve the throughput, or tmpfs could be used
instead of a "real" filesystem to reduce the I/O bottleneck.