Re: Better team maintenance of orphaned packages

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Y Giridhar Appaji Nag wrote:

You probably do not follow the low volume debian-news mailing list

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/2006/msg00016.html

Well, yes, I do not follow this list.  I've thought d-d-a is enough.
It is a little bit hard to decide which channel is important and which
not.  At some point you have to draw a line ...

Yes, add the directory you want to inject the package to (under deb-maint)
using 'svn mkdir' [1] and checkout that directory and use it.

[1] many svn commands (like svn copy, mkdir etc.) allow you to operate on the
remote repository via the repository URLs without having to checkout.

Ahh, this sounds promissing because it fits my situation better than

   http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/CollabMaintImport

because I have not yet an SVN (and just creating one just for the purpose
to dump does not sound like a clever solution).

So I added your hint to the wiki.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--