Re: Better team maintenance of orphaned packages

Hi Andreas,

On 08/08/26 10:16 +0200, Andreas Tille said ...
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:
>
>> Why not just use collab-maint for this?
>
> Good question - I was just as unaware about this project as I was
> about wnpp-alert script. :-(
>
> Is it just me that I'm ignorant about important pieces of information
> or is it just not well enough advertised?

You probably do not follow the low volume debian-news mailing list

See http://lists.debian.org/debian-news/2006/msg00016.html

> Technical question about svn: Is there any chance to inject single
> packagge into this tree without checking out the whole deb-maint
> tree?  I have really low bandwidth at home and problems to access

Yes, add the directory you want to inject the package to (under deb-maint)
using 'svn mkdir' [1] and checkout that directory and use it.

[1] many svn commands (like svn copy, mkdir etc.) allow you to operate on the
remote repository via the repository URLs without having to checkout.

Cheers,

Giridhar

--
Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://appaji.net/