Re: [RKI-Spam-Verdacht]Re: What to do if Homepage seems to have vanished

Hi!

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [080218 07:59]:

>> If there was usefull content on it (e.g. documentation) you could
>> try to link to the specific page of archive.com; not the best solution,
>> but better than nothing I would say.
> You mean linking to http://packages.debian.org/sid/<pkgname> if
> there is no apropriate homepage available as our way to say that
> there is no upstream homepage?  It might be one possibility but
> I'm undecided yet whether I really like it.

No, I meant archive.org (not .com as I wrote previously, sorry).  They
archive web pages like a library (see for example
http://web.archive.org/web/19970502070835/http://www.debian.org/), and
maybe the have the documentation pages of your software archived, too.
So you could link to the archived page.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander