Re: [RKI-Spam-Verdacht]Re: What to do if Homepage seems to have vanished

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008, Alexander Schmehl wrote:

Well, I would say, that if only usefull purpouse of the homepage was to
download the tarball, than you can just drop the homepage header;
appearently the user has no nead for the tarball ;)

Well, you are right that there is no need to point to a pure download
area.  This is kind of "No homepage available".  I just want to make
a difference between "maintainer was to lazy to provide a Homepage tag"
and "there is no reasonable Homepage".

If there was usefull content on it (e.g. documentation) you could
try to link to the specific page of archive.com; not the best solution,
but better than nothing I would say.

You mean linking to http://packages.debian.org/sid/<pkgname> if
there is no apropriate homepage available as our way to say that
there is no upstream homepage?  It might be one possibility but
I'm undecided yet whether I really like it.

Kind regards

          Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de