Re: What to do if Homepage seems to have vanished

Hi!

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [080217 21:10]:

>> AFAICT, it would seem that didiwiki is in this group as well. I found plenty
>> of links to it's nonexistant homepage. It's a frusterating situation, since
>> most users (myself included) expect to be able to go to the homepage and
>> find out more about the package.
> Well, we have more links than homepage references and thus we might run
> a link checker periodically onto the descriptions.  The question is, what
> finally is the best thing to do if there is a broken link.

Well, I would say, that if only usefull purpouse of the homepage was to
download the tarball, than you can just drop the homepage header;
appearently the user has no nead for the tarball ;)

If there was usefull content on it (e.g. documentation) you could
try to link to the specific page of archive.com; not the best solution,
but better than nothing I would say.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--