Re: Question about obsolete Conflicts

Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name> writes:

> No actual result at the moment. I was playing with something not really
> related and noticed the impressive number on conflicts in the
> distribution, with many easily identifiable as very old packages. I just
> preferred asking if it was worth looking at it a bit further.

> Not sure about the wishlist bug though. That would be proper mass
> filing, and I would like to know how big the thing is first.

Another possibility worth considering is seeing if you can capture the
logic in a lintian test.  That's a lower-impact way of getting mass
cleanliness changes made than a mass bug filing.  You can then do a mass
bug filing after six months or a year, by which point many maintainers
will have already acted on the lintian warnings.