Re: Question about obsolete Conflicts

On Tue, March 6, 2007 09:34, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> great, are these results published somewhere? Trivial obsoleted conflicts
> might
> be removed via a wishlist bug.

No actual result at the moment. I was playing with something not really
related and noticed the impressive number on conflicts in the
distribution, with many easily identifiable as very old packages. I just
preferred asking if it was worth looking at it a bit further.

Not sure about the wishlist bug though. That would be proper mass filing,
and I would like to know how big the thing is first.

>> Shouldn't there be some sort of best practice or recommandation
>> somewhere about cleaning this field when it becomes useless ?
>
> indeed, it might make sense to keep conflicts from oldstable, but not
> before or
> in special cases as pointed out by Bart.

No problem about that.

>> Any comment to tell me whether I got it wrong or not is welcome :)
>>
>> Regis
>>
>> PS : I'm not (yet ?) subscribed to the list, please CC me.
>
> don't worry, this is a low-traffic ML :)

I note that :)

Regis