Question about obsolete Conflicts

Hi all,

I might be completely wrong, but...

Playing around with dependencies trees, I noticed there are quite a few
obsolete Conflicts fields in the archive. Would it be worth starting a
bit of cleanup after Etch is released ? I think having the archive
cleaner from this point of view might not be a bad thing.

I mean... There are things like the 98 packages which still conflict
with a pre-woody suidmanager, or apache with apache-modules which was
removed from the archive 9 years ago, and I only had a quick look, so
there are probably many more of these. I found 4410 "Conflicts" fields
in the Packages file for main (with 19835 packages, that makes 22%), and
it can only grow and need more useless processing to check dependencies
if it's never cleaned up.

Shouldn't there be some sort of best practice or recommandation
somewhere about cleaning this field when it becomes useless ?

Any comment to tell me whether I got it wrong or not is welcome :)

Regis

PS : I'm not (yet ?) subscribed to the list, please CC me.