Re: Orphaned packages with very low popcon numbers

Michael Stone escribió:
> Well, at least you've learned why debian has so much obsolete junk--the
> "every package is sacred crowd" comes along every time this topic comes

I think I've learned that, too.

I don't really support this idea but: what if a branch of the archive is
opened where this packages could be put in and Debian makes a explicit
statement indicating that packages there are orphaned or very little
maintained? This would be like non-free where people knows that only
non-free software sits there.

I don't like the idea of having tons of repositories (i.e. Ubuntu), but
how will we deal with the fact that there are orphaned packages with
very few users and a low maintenance rate?

--
José M. Parrella -> Debian Sid, k2.6.15
Escuela de Ingenieria Electrica