Re: pngcrush and bugs 331068, 338659, 355693, 352177, 330026

Hello,

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Nelson A. de Oliveira wrote:
> I guess this would work if we notice that each
> upstream is not that active that releasing one single upstream
> triggers many package updates.

The package that I have recently prepared of pngcrush is
based on version 1.6.2 which was released in Jan-Feb 2006
Debian's BTS.

Also as far as I know optipng has been recently fixed up in order to
comply with Debian's security requirements so that the package could
enter the archive.

So I don't think we can take these packages to be inactive.

On the other hand it is true that all the authors are active
members of the png-mng-implement group of people. So someone could
try to mail them to see if they feel that this unification is
worthwhile.

Regards,

Kapil.