Re: pngcrush and bugs 331068, 338659, 355693, 352177, 330026

Hi!

* Matej Vela <vela@debian.org> [060322 22:51]:

> > D. A PNG optimizer similar called "optipng" which is similar in
> >    function (but not in design) to "pngcrush" has recently entered
> >    etch.
>
> pngcrush was later orphaned -- <http://bugs.debian.org/353392> -- and is
> marked as being adopted by Alexander Schmehl.
>
> Alexander, do you still intend to adopt it?  Does optipng render
> pngcrush unnecessary?

I have no strong feelings about pngcrush.  Just used it a couple of
times in the past and might need such a tool in the future, while not
knowing of similar tools.  It seemed to me, that no one else wanted it,
so I steped in.

However, I want be able to upload a fixed package till mid/end of next
week.

> > E. I have prepared a "pngcrush" package based on pngcrush-nolib.tar.gz.
> >    I am willing to adopt this package if rules do not permit an NMU
> >    for such major changes.
> I can do a QA upload for you, but let's see what Alexander says first.

If you want it, you can have it.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander