Re: Bug #67746

> Perhaps.  It's been my experience, though, that changing the package
> name just upsets a different set of users.  In other words, it's a no
> win situation.

I also don't like this way because it is confusing after an upgrade but
it might be a reasonable workaround.

> > Since the maintainer (David Engel) didn't know it was going to be a
> > problem, I don't see how he'd do anything different.
>
> Correct.  In fact, I didn't think people were using much more than
> snmpd.

I don't want to blame _anyone_ for this.  I just want to discuss that
issue to make debian better in the future.

How do you think people get the information from snmpd if they don't
use the other utilities like snmpget and snmpwalk?  We have many
internal applications running who use these utilities extensively and
they have been modified now but I don't want to do that again :-)