Re: Bug #67746

> If you think a package should be doing this then file a  bug against the
> package.  Possibly with severity wishlist if it's not crippling, just
> annoying.

IMHO it is much better to have a central list of changes in the release
notes because it is much more user friendly to run apt-get upgrade without
prompts. - But this is a matter of taste.  I'd like both approaches.

> Speak to the people maintianing the release notes.  There's extremely
> little chance of getting any changes made to the actual package this
> late into the release cycle - it's not a problem that's going to
> irretrevably hose someone's system or which renders the package useless,
> it's just something that could come as an annoying surprise to people
> upgrading.  Before the freeze or earlier on in the freeze it would have
> been possible, but at this point it would hold up the release
> unreasonably.

IMHO it should be possible for the package maintainers to create an entry
in the release notes change database. (maybe a little shell script on
master.debian.org or a NEWS.Debian with user visible changes in every
debian package which is imported semi-automatically into the release
notes.

I don't want to hold up this release.  I just want to hold up the
next release if it is not fixed till then ;-)))

btw: It may be possible to create a new release note later for this release
to correct this. (maybe for 2.2r2)