Re: BugSquash Party this sunday

On 99-12-17 Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Christian Kurz wrote:
> > Oh, there was'nt a statement about this in your first email.

> I don't see why that would be necessary..

Because this gives the reader the feeling that the party will have a
coordination.

> > Free to help? No real organisation through the whole time?

> Why do you continue to think that there is no real organization???
> Have you ever participated in one of the learlier bugsquash days?

Because from the information which I got from Torsten Landschoff who
took part on one of it. And after the "success" of the first party, I
didn't want to take part on the second one.

> > I have the feeling the many bugs will be taken more then two times

> That has never happened so far. The irc-channel is the *perfect* way
> to organize this, and it's about 80% self-organizing.

Oh, after the information from Torsten this _has_ happened and I think
this will happen again.

> > Hm, so after this party we will still have more then 300 RCBs open?

> Of course, since we have to wait for the dinstall run. Like I said,
> the effects aren't always immediately visible.

We still have more then 300 open bugs after two bug-squashing-partys
and several runs of dinstall. So there has been enough time and I don't
think that the next one will be more effective.

> > It's not important to get a good organisation and those RCBs closed? Sorry,
> > but then I don't will help at this bug-squashing partys. Sometimes I
> > have the feeling no one is interested in getting this number down. :/

> I have to say I'm very disappointed by your complete lack of trust..

It's just the problem, that the number of bugs is still not getting down
and it seems many people forget about RCBs and the effect of the last
two partys was nearly above zero according to my knowledge. So I
distrust the effect of this party. I think this is quite understandable.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *