Re: Updating Celery, Kombu, python-amqp

On 03/15/2017 09:56 PM, Christopher Hoskin wrote:
> On 15 March 2017 at 08:45, Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Your changes looks good to me, I have now made them. FYI, I believe
>> anybody can create an account and make changes to the wiki.
>
> Thanks. I have a wiki account, but the last time I updated the
> Python/GitPackaging page my edit was reverted almost immediately, so I
> thought I better check here first ;)
>
> python-amqp depends on vine, but when I previously packaged vine[0], I
> only built the python3 package. Is it too soon to start dropping
> python2 packages from uploads intended for Buster?

python-amqp is used by python-oslo.messaging, which is one of the key
components of OpenStack. OpenStack eventually will drop Python 2
support, though this may happen over the next 6 to 12 months only.
Mostly everything is ready, though some components are still not fully
Py3 compatible.

So yeah, in this case, it is a little bit too soon to drop Python 2.
Hopefully, we will be able to do that before Buster.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)