Re: Updating Celery, Kombu, python-amqp

On 2017-03-14 14:48, Christopher Hoskin wrote:

For reasons of my own, I need to create a Celery 4.0.2 Debian package. This
means also updating the Kombu and AMQP packages. As I'm doing this work anyway,
my preference would be to share it with the World through DPMT.

However, I notice that python-amqp has a lot of other reverse dependancies,
including OpenStack, and that we're currently in a release freeze. I've also
seen there's been some discussion about using the DEP14 branch/tag convention
and switching to gbp pq.

Would people be happy for me to start updating Celery and its dependancies,
uploading the results to experimental, or should I keep my work to myself for
the time being?

As an uploader for celery, kombu, and python-amqp, I see no problem myself. I can't speak for other packages, and definitely I can't speak for packages not under DPMT.

For now, I would suggest creating a debian/experimental branch, switching to gbp pq (as using non-standard branch names is easier with gbp pq), and then continuing. I have done this already for the python-mkdocs package.

If you need any help, let me know.