Re: Updating Celery, Kombu, python-amqp

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 05:58:49 PM Brian May wrote:
> Christopher Hoskin <christopher.hoskin@gmail.com> writes:
> > python-amqp depends on vine, but when I previously packaged vine[0], I
> > only built the python3 package. Is it too soon to start dropping
> > python2 packages from uploads intended for Buster?
>
> I am hardly any authoritative source for this team, but I don't see any
> problems.
>
> Just need to be mindful of anything that depends or build depends on the
> python-* on the package you are removing - if you break a large number
> of packages (including cascading breakages), maybe not worth it. Just
> yet anyway.
>
> Or maybe if one of the packages is a highly popular package, might want
> to exercise a bit more caution. I don't think the packages mentioned so
> far count.

I would be inclined not to drop python2 packages.  While it may be fine for
what's in the archive, there are huge swaths of project code that have not
been migrated to python3.  I don't see any rush to remove stuff.

If you need to add a python package to support this, feel free to ping me and
I'll give it a quick review through New.

Scott K