Re: Adopting OpenStack packages

On 2017-03-06 10:15, Barry Warsaw wrote:

On Mar 05, 2017, at 01:47 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

Why waiting? The freeze is typically a time of very low activity and low
disturbance. That's a perfect moment for doing the switch.

I think it's generally been the consensus, even outside of this team, that
doing vcs or other disruptive switches are bad ideas during times of release
freezes.  For example, upstream CPython recently switched to git + github, but
while an enormous amount of work went into making that as smooth as possible
beforehand, the actual switch wasn't done until after the 3.6 release.

More importantly, from my perspective, I am unlikely to be making any significant changes (in fact maybe no changes) to any of my packages until after the freeze. So there doesn't seem to be much point in trying to rush this through, right now.

After the freeze, some of my packages will no doubt require updating the the latest upstream version. This will be a good test for gbp pq.

If people wanted to, now would be a good time to document/implement/test the procedure for doing the conversion (without actually doing it for real).