Re: Adopting OpenStack packages

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:

> And I'm not even addressing yet the horrible git-dpm troubles, how
> many more years the team is forcibly burying every contributor into.

There is discussion on changing this. The consensus seems to be we
should wait until after the next release however.

> Plus Alioth is a security nightmare, and it's loaded so much that even
> a simple git push can take hours (real life experience).

I have not noticed this. Maybe the repositories I have dealt with are
small and simple.

(I don't have any opinions on what should happen with the open stack
packages however).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>