Re: Git migration schedule

On 2015-10-05 23:24, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Oct 05, 2015, at 10:36 PM, Stefano Rivera wrote:
>
>> How about: We move away existing repositories, and put the
>> migrated ones in the /packages/ path. If people have existing
>> repositories, that they'd prefer to use, they can move the
>> migrated ones out the way, and theirs back. But they have to opt
>> in to this.

sounds good.
in my case, i have (to admit that i have) 3(!) git repos for which
there is no svn repo at all.
so there won't be any clash during migration, and moving them away
would not be strictly necessary.
for the sake of simplicity, i guess that they probably should be moved
away in any case.

>> This means some (work done on pre-migration git packaging)
>> history gets temporarily "lost".

the cue point here is "temporarily".

> But ensures that everything is the same layout. And
>> that any deviation was intentional, not accidental.
>
> I think it would be okay.  It's only a minor inconvenience,
> although the git remotes of the packages that get moved would also
> be temporarily incorrect.

+1

i don't know how long you expect the migration to run; but even though
there are *many* repopsitories to migrate i don't think that it will
last longer than...2 days?

fgmasdr
IOhannes

PS: have i told you already how excited i am that this is finally
happening! big thanks for all the preparation work ♥