Re: Git migration schedule

Hi IOhannes (2015.10.05_12:07:33_+0200)
> >> sorry, i forgot to ask another question: how will the packages
> >> already maintained in git be handled?
> >
> > Up to their maintainers (assuming they're following team
> > standards). If people only have one git package, for testing, each,
> > then this shouldn't be an issue :)
>
> what does this mean in practice?
> what if people have more than one git package, not only for "testing"
> purposes?

How about: We move away existing repositories, and put the migrated ones
in the /packages/ path. If people have existing repositories, that
they'd prefer to use, they can move the migrated ones out the way, and
theirs back. But they have to opt in to this.

This means some (work done on pre-migration git packaging) history gets
temporarily "lost". But ensures that everything is the same layout. And
that any deviation was intentional, not accidental.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/